The Harpswell Festival - Food, fun, rides, parade,
fireworks and live entertainment!
Casco Bay Lines -The Bailey Island Nature Cruise
is a 2 hour narrated tour through the islands of Casco Bay on the
Island Romance. This cruise leaves the dock at Cook's Lobster House
7 days a week (weather permitting) at 12:00pm, the end of June thru
Labor Day. There is a small snack bar on the boat or you can pack
a picnic lunch!
Orr's Island Library -Click here to visit website
Cundy's Harbor Library -Click here to visit website
Places of Interest Outside of Harpswell
Midcoast Maine Chamber of Commerce
- This site will go beyond the Harpswell town line and give you information
on activities and businesses in the surrounding towns of Brunswick,
Bath & Topsham.
The Times Record
- This is the local daily newspaper. This link will take you to their
"goings on" section calendar which you can search by date to see what
events might interest you.
State Music Theatre
- (Brunswick) There are 4 wonderfully performed musicals
every summer and a show for kids as well. Check their calendar for
dated and times.
- (Brunswick) There are many events happening at
the college at various times, check their activities calendar. There
is also a library, art museum and the Peary, MacMillan Arctic Museum.
Maine Eastern Railroad
- Excursions from Brunswick to Rockland and a few towns in between.
Curtis Memorial Library
- (Brunswick) Click here to visit website
Thomas Point Beach
- (Brunswick) This is a sandy beach, somewhat tidal
but great for kids. There is also a playground and large grassy areas
to let the kids play.
Maine Maritime Museum
- (Bath) Learn about boat building, interactive areas
for kids & adults. Fabulous exhibits, active shipbuilding and captain's
Popham Beach State Park
- (Phippsburg) Sandy beach, bird watching, walk out
to fox island at low tide, bigger waves than most other sandy beaches.
You may also want to stop by Fort Popham while you're in the area.
Reid State Park
- (Georgetown) Sandy beach, hiking, bird watching,
walking, relaxing & great views!
Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park
- (Freeport) Enjoy many hiking trails along the shore
and thru the woods. This is also an Osprey sanctuary.
Bradbury Mountain State Park
- (Pownal, which is near Freeport)This is a great
hike for families there are multiple trails none of which exceed 1.5
Freeport Downtown - If shopping is your forte then Freeport
is a must see on your trip. Home of the LL.Bean Flagship store and
many, many other outlets and shops. There are many restaurants as
well. Enjoy the hubbub and then retreat back to the tranquility of
your Harpswell cottage!
Downeaster Amtrak - The Northern New England Passenger Rail
Authority (NNEPRA) is a public transportation authority created in 1995
by the Maine State Legislature to develop and provide passenger rail
service between Maine and Boston and points within Maine.
*Homes & Harbors provides this list as a helpful tool for our guests and has no affiliation with any content of the above websites.